How I Work
how I work
it always starts with a powerful coaching session
It's really important that there's a good match between a client and their coach, and vice versa. This page will tell you a bit more about coaching and what it means to me, but in reality there's no substitute for doing it. That's why, if you are interested in working with me and I think I have the ability to serve you powerfully, I will offer you a powerful coaching session. This is a gift from me, and that way we can really find out if you want to commit to working with me, and if we can do powerful work together. If this sounds like the right thing for you, get in touch.
The International Coaching Federation defines coaching as 'partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.'
For me, what this means in practice is that I sit with a client and support and challenge them to expand what they think possible, and to create the results they want to create. I do this through a combination of questions, feedback and assignments, and a powerful intuition built up over years of experience and hundreds of hours of working with clients. Different people get really different things from coaching, because people are really different, but you can read what some of my clients have experienced here.
If you want a bit more information about what coaching is - including how it's different to therapy and mentoring - I really recommend the video from my colleagues at coachingpartner.
what does working with me look like?
People are different, with different circumstances, requirements and ways of working, and I will create a coaching engagement to match you and what you need to create the extraordinary. Here's some guidance on how my coaching engagements often work, based on the clients I've worked with:
- As an introduction to working with me, we will start with a powerful coaching conversation.
- Coaching sessions are usually 60-90 minutes, in person, over the phone or via Skype.
- The first thing we'll do if we decide to work together is get really clear on our objectives for coaching: what does success look like for you?
- If I work with a client, it's usually over a period of at least 6 months.
- We will usually have sessions every 2-3 weeks, with the flexibility to meet more or less frequently at some points during the engagement.
- If we meet in person, it's usually in Central London.
- I'll provide you with a safe space to discuss what's important to you. I'll support and challenge you with questions and feedback.
- Coaching is about action, and creating real change in the world, so between sessions there will always be assignments for you.
But sometimes this isn't the best way to work with a client. If after our first conversation we decide to work together, we'll discuss how to make it work so that you can create the changes you want to create, and make sure we have an engagement which supports you to do that.